Friday, September 6, 2013

Isaiah 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

It has been a long time since I have posted anything. That doesn't mean I haven't been reading the Word though. It also doesn't mean I haven't been getting anything from the Word. It just means I have been to busy to do much more than to read and pray.

I have ugly feet...my husband will be the first to say it and I would be the first to admit it. I have A LOT of problems with them. I have psoriatic arthritis and neuropathy. The PA was making it so that I didn't realize that I was getting neuropathy. (Peripheral nerves carry information to and from the brain. Peripheral neuropathy means these nerves don't work properly. Peripheral neuropathy may be damage to a single nerve or to a nerve group). As a result of my physical condition, about a year and a half to two years ago I became acutely aware of my feet. In looking at my feet I started thinking, "Wow I wonder how many steps my feet have taken" so far in my life? Then I think how many of those steps were away from the direction that the Lord was leading. When I think of how bad my feet hurt me at times physically, I can't help but to think of how much more they have hurt me spiritually.


The nerves in your feet carry information to and from the brain which effect your balance. Because I don't have all the feeling in my feet I can not always tell if I have a sure foothold.
2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) This is not always easy to do...I am always looking for my next step.

There is the concern that something will be in the way and I will have to make a last minute choice as to which path I take.
Ephesians 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

My physical therapist told me to be very careful walking when it is dark in the house, because I could hurt myself. John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

I get confident in knowing where things are in the dark...I take the familiar path.
Jeremiah 16:6 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls.

Sometimes someone (not mention any names, but my husband - I didn't say his name!) will leave something out of place...like a shoe...for me to trip over...not on purpose. If only the Lord were physically here.
Psalms 94:18 When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. He knows we are going to slip that is why we need Him as our Saviour.

So I grab my phone and turn on the light to see by.
Psalms 119:105 Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. AND
I John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. He will show us the way through His Word.

I have to use wisdom and discretion...don't walk on loose stones or boards when I walk around.
Proverbs 3:21-23 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion: So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.

I cannot allow my condition to stop me...I really would love to be able to run around and not worry, but I can't. Spiritually I can, if I trust Him.
Proverb 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy way acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.

I do not always understand what He is doing or why...
Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

He knows what is best for me always...I just have to take that step in the right direction and do what He says.
Soulwinning: Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
Romans 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! (So I can have beautiful feet)
Do what is right: Psalms 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.
Separation: Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Avoid those that would tempt you: Proverb 1:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. 15  My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

It saddens me how many steps I have taken in the wrong direction. I am frustrated by the time spent in the wrong place. With my physical feet there's nothing I can do about what has happened...except to improve my health and try to make it better. The same with my life. Thank God for the forgiveness that He has given, and the Grace to walk in new life.

One of the most important things my doctor and physical therapist told me is to check my feet often...not just once a day...but throughout. Examining my feet because they could be injured and I might not feel it which could open it up to infection. We have sand burrs and last year I found one in my foot that must have been there for a few days...it was starting to get infected. So I know what I'm saying about checking your feet. Spiritual feet, that is, is no different. 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
Sin is like neuropathy...it makes it so you don't realize that where you're walking is hurting you. Sin has dug into your life and if you do not stop and take care of it, it will only get worse.

 
Outside Merida Mexico...Garra rufa type fish but these are not Turkish.
My feet felt great after this...they had been so tired from the day. 







No comments:

Post a Comment