Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Contentious Soul that I am! Proverbs 21:19

Proverbs 21:19 It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

WILDERNESS
  1. An uncultivated, uninhabited, and inhospitable region.
  2. A neglected or abandoned area of a garden or town.
 
CONTENTIOUS
1. Given to angry debate
2. Quarrelsome
 
CONTENT, a. quiet; having a mind at peace; satisfied, so as not to oppose. 
 
CONTENT, v. To satisfy the mind; to make quiet, so as to stop complaint or opposition
 
 
I do not want my husband to prefer to spend time in the "wilderness". I want him to desire to come home. There was a time in my life where I fought all the time with him and my poor children. I just don't have the angriness (I know not really a word) in me anymore. I think it is because I am content. Amazing how that word is part of contentious but is the exact opposite.

Don't get me wrong, I will fight when there is a cause....against those that need fighting.

But.....

I rather enjoy spending loving time with my husband and family now. I want to be an encouragement to them...Lord knows the world tears at them all the day.

I  definitely DO NOT want my home to be a wilderness because of me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lord, help me today and everyday to be content...content with all you have done in our lives and to look forward to what you are going to do next. Let 'me' be a place that my husband wants to come home to. Please help me to never visit or invite my husband to join me in the wilderness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment