Monday, April 15, 2013

Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Proverbs 21:23 "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles." I like the period at the end of that statement. There is no argument over this point. This is one of the first things I have had to change in me. SHUT my mouth and BITE my tongue. Amazing how much more you hear when you're not talking. If you think about the tongue there are some very interesting things to learn. There are four common tastes that the tongue can detect. They are sweet, sour, bitter, and salty. A fifth taste, called umami, comes from tasting glutamate (present in MSG, used as a preservatives). The tongue has many nerves that help detect and transmit taste signals to the brain. Think before you speak...the best way to keep my tongue. All parts of the tongue can detect these four common tastes; the commonly described “taste map”of the tongue doesn’t really exist. So maybe no matter how you say something or how you mean it, it doesn't really make it any less sour or bitter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Help me Lord to keep my mouth and tongue and not let Satan use it to hurt your work or the ministry that you have given us.
April and Mimi making "Pizza Puffs" Love cooking with her...
this picture because they are so yummy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment