Wednesday, May 14, 2014


5-12-14 I have this thing I do to make sure kids are listening to me. I will snap my fingers and point to my nose while I say look right here. I do this when I am trying to get them to focus on what I am saying. Like repeating a memory verse...or giving them instruction. I feel it is vital to have a child focus on what's important I have even almost done this to adults...almost!!

During class time I am watching the children to see who is getting restless. Then I will say their name and ask a question about the story. While teaching on the Crucifixion of Christ I would say “April it wasn't nice for them to lie about Jesus was it?” This helps pull them back into the classroom.

I will keep teaching while sitting a child back in their seat or moving their legs to the front of the chair. This makes the distraction less.

I move around a lot. When we taught on the Whole Armor of God and that weeks lesson was on having your Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace...I walked around the class knocking on the walls to show door knocking.

I picked up one of the boys and laid him on the piano to show Lazarus being raised from the dead.

I turn off the lights and have the kids say “Let there be light” to show them that that was all God did to bring the light.

With everything this world has to offer these little ones in ways of entertainment it is hard to keep them focused. But it is so important and rewarding. Come out of your comfort zone and be crazy and fun. Make it a BIG deal...they will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment