Wednesday, May 14, 2014

How to Rear Church Kids


6-14-13 I think because we head up the Zaccheus Class at church people come to us with questions about their kids. I hope it's not because we have become one of the gray heads. LOL

I have had mom's come up to me a few months before their little one turns 2 and moves up to the class to apologies for their child. They will say that they are sorry for the problems that their child has. They are not alone...I never expect a 2 year old to act like a 4 year old. So we are used to this. That is why we (ZC) are here. It is a teaching time. I will tell the mom's what they can do to help is start playing "church" at home. Put in a preaching CD and have the child sit with no TV on and look at the CD player with their hands in their laps for a few minutes. Going over church behavior each time.


I go over this with the kids regularly...

1) Who do we look at? - Preacher

2) Do we stand on the pews? - NO

3) Do we play with our friends? - NO

4) Where do we put our hands? - In our laps

5) Do we talk? - NO

People think I am SO smart (or maybe not)....I just followed what I have learned from people like  Dr. Hyle's, ("How to Rear Children.").

No comments:

Post a Comment