Wednesday, May 14, 2014

9-17-13 Onion bag scrubbers - If you buy onions in those plastic mesh bags, cut the ends off where the metal is and ball up to use as a pot scrubber. It's free and works great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cooking oil - Put in a squeeze bottle to use while cooking...it is more manageable. Also, don't peel the seal off the top of the oil bottle when you get it home. If you peel it back just a small amount then you will have better control over how much you pour.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping the car clean - I brought a small foldable duster to store in the car and use when I have a minute. Our dash is black and shows every little speck of dust.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Griddle splatter - I have been using my griddle more lately. I really got tired of the mess. I have taken two pocket folders and taped them together to make one long folder and cut a slot for the cord. I stand this up to shield three sides of the griddle. (caution do not let it touch the griddle...could catch fire). I then fold it and store it with the griddle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have not thrown away any bar soap for years...When the bar gets to small to use we let the new bar get wet and press the small piece on top of it. If you use it together before long they will stick together and you use the whole bar that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment