Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Ring


THE RING

3/7/2013
Okay, so I must give a little background to this story. Years ago we attend a church in Tyler Tx. The pastor was a great man of God by the name of Wiley Bennet. Boy did we love going soul-winning with that man. He was a dynamo for sure. One day we, Me, my husband and our two youngest children (Katrina and Jacob) were out knocking doors with him on a Saturday. Jacob was my partner that day. He had found a metal washer in the dirt as we were walking down the street and was playing with it. I felt it could be a distraction to those who we would get to speak with so I took it from him and put it on my pinky finger. (Boys will be boys and pick up treasure along their way in life) I had told him I would give it back later. After soul-winning we went to eat and I went into a restroom to wash my hands. I had forgotten about the washer on my finger and as I was washing my hands all the dirt on it came off and I realized it was actually a silver ring. Jacob had told me he wanted me to keep it and it just became my soul-winners ring. Roll ahead to 2012...

I had gotten away from soul-winning...you know the first time you miss it is uncomfortable the second time a little less so. Before I knew it I wasn't going at all and was not even telling anyone...I would rarely even hand out a gospel track. I would feel guilty....for a minute. I am very sad to say this went on for almost a year. I am not proud of this and even as I am typing this I cannot help but think about all the divine appointments I missed. At the end of last year, 2012, I lost my ring...God said you're not a soul-winner anymore you do not deserve something so valuable. (the rings not but the story was) I was very heart broken but knew why God did it. My husband told me I had to stop making excuses and go with him several month ago and I have been going ever sense. I must tell you I really loved soul-winning before....what a rush. But the first time back out was hard...I remember before I used to pray for the Holy Spirits boldness. I know it is ALL HIM. I will open my mouth and think...did I just say that. I have a lot of time to make up for and am talking to people not just on Saturdays. It's not that I quit caring...I just stopped caring about the right things...it was more self caring than "others" caring. This past Friday evening...I walked a bag of garbage out to the can by the front porch....and on the way back through the living room to the kitchen I looked down and saw my soul-winner ring laying (I am crying as I type this) by a small end table on the carpet...I DO NOT KNOW where it came from...Well yes I guess I do...God gave it back to me, to say I am being trusted again with the best story in the world by giving me the coolest story ever. Let me tell you it was laying where I have vacuumed I do not know how many times....it was laying in the spot where we put our Christmas tree and gifts...it was laying next to a table I did not even own when I lost the ring. I have NO explanation what-so-ever...except GOD. I picked it up put it back on my finger...and started crying and my husband said what is wrong...I showed him the ring and he asked where did you find that and I told him. I was and still am SO amazed. I didn't tell anyone until I got to tell Jacob...He knew what it had meant to me and I had to share with him first. I had three wonderful soul-winning experiences the next day....maybe I will share them another time. If you are a soul-winner be always aware that excuse will come and before you know it you're just living for self everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment